This week, IK Multimedia announced the official launch of T-RackS 5, which they are claiming to be their most powerful update yet to their popular mix and master modular system. The update includes 4 all-new processors to make up a total of 38 high-quality modules.
One of the most exciting of the new modules is Master Match, which is supposed to allow you to use up to three other reference tracks in order to match the sound of a mix. The goal of Master Match is to allow anyone with no mastering experience to create great-sounding masters, and to compete with many of the new online mastering services.
The Dyna-Mu is an emulation of a well-known American tube compressor with controls that work for both L/R and M/S channels.
- 4 new processors (Master Match, Dyna-Mu, EQual, ONE)
- 9 processors included
- Completely redesigned, flexible and resizable interface
- Ultra-rapid, flexible and smooth workflow
- Over 35 high-end modules: available à la carte or via carefully selected bundles
- Unique modular chain system with 16 series/parallel slots
- Improved audiophile-grade audio engine
- Up to 192kHz / 32-bit floating point processing capability
- 4 optimized user-selectable dithering options
- Extensive calibrated metering for multi-standard, broadcast-ready and future-proof masters
- Album assembly with sequencing and metadata embedding
- Multiple file format export function
- 64-bit native support
- Standalone workstation, plugin suite and single plugins for Audio Units, VST2, VST3 and AAX formats
- Requires macOS 10.9 / Windows 7 or later
T-RackS 5 can be used in three ways: as a standalone suite, as a plugin suite (ie, a channel strip or mastering chain) or as a separate plugin (VST/AU/AAX). It comes in 3 bundles: Tracks 5 (with 9 processors), TrackS 5 DELUXE (with 22 processors) and TrackS 5 MAX (with 38 processors)
Individual processors can be purchased from within the TrackS 5 Custom Shop
About IK Multimedia:
IK Multimedia is a computer music technology company that offers a diverse range of affordable and easy-to-use music production tools with great sound quality and a realistic look and feel. With millions of installations worldwide, the IK range has been adopted by musicians of every level, from beginners to professionals, to gain access to high-end, studio-quality gear from their computers or mobile devices. Based in Modena, Italy, IK Multimedia recently opened a new office in Sunrise, Florida to accommodate more rapid growth.
Sean Earley is a musician, producer, podcast host, Executive Editor of Modern Musician Magazine & co-founder of RobotSpaceship Podcast Network. He loves guitars and coffee.